instagram, yo



FOREVER AND NEVER EVER ON INSTAGRAM

17 March 2014

Over the size

I love oversized stuff and it's not because it makes you hide your imperfections easily (hello, oversized t-shirts) - you have to be careful with this "friend", because it can easily make you look like Groke from Moomins. So again - it looks best on skinny models, because they're just perfect hangers for such big pieces. But I'm still dancing of joy inside, because I always preferred oversized rather than too tight, too short, too not-covering-my-body-much and I'm glad that most of the designers I admire, introduce oversize to their collections. But the question is - how much over the size is an oversize? As soon as it became a trend, designers've started to push boundaries further and further - sleeves hanging to your calves, coats and jackets that could hide 6 member family inside etc. And how we could forget one of the precursors - Margiela with his duvet coat from F/W '99. And no surprise, no surprise... I love them all and want to wrap myself in most of the garments. Recent collections are just pure celebration of oversized, big forms, hiding tiny bodies inside. Some with big garments from head to toe, other as a combination of oversize and cropped, fitted pieces.
So here goes my heavily reduced selection of oversized pieces for Fall - coats mostly.












1. CĂ©line - these pants are everything, man
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim
3. Balenciaga
4. Derek Lam
5. Haider Ackermann
6. Marni - even though I wasn't a big fan - this collection is truly impressive
7. Christopher Kane
8. Kenzo
9. Proenza Schouler
10. Stella McCartney
11. Alexander Wang


1. Marques Almeida 2. Creatures Of Comfort 3. Opening Ceremony
4. Chalayan (still the master - with probably my favorite silhouette for this season) 5. Preen 6. Jil Sander

But my favorite collection was created by Jacquemus - you just can't pass by it, your jaw has to drop. It's simple, oversized and perfect.


All hail oversize.

1 comment:

Thanks!